Madrone Trail Public Charter School
3070 Ross Lane
Central Point, OR 97502
Summary: Performs routine cleaning of school buildings including floors, walls, doors, walkways, entrances and furniture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sweeps walkways and entrances.
- Washes, scrubs and disinfects restrooms.
- Cleans windows, door glass and drinking fountains.
- Cleans and polishes metal work such as door panels and hand railing.
- Empties and cleans waste containers
- Assists in moving and rearranging chairs, tables, desks, furniture and other equipment.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Maintains equipment used in the course of work.
- Follows a cleaning schedule.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes and polishes concrete, linoleum, tile and wood floors and vacuums rugs and carpets in school plant offices and rooms.
- Reports safety, sanitary and fire hazards.
- Performs routine security checks and leaves building secure at end of shift.
- Assists in the complete cleaning and routine maintenance of buildings.
- Prepares cleaning materials and chemicals as necessary.
- Maintains competency in all position responsibilities.
- Complies with all safety and work rules, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for proper utilization, operation and maintenance of all department resources.
- Provides support to other positions as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience: High school or GED preferred; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Interpersonal Skills: Ability to interact appropriately with teachers, staff, members of the community and students. Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Computer Skills: General knowledge of computer usage and ability to use e-mail.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
The employee may be exposed to bloodborne pathogens. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally high. Occasionally the employee is required to work in high, precarious places and around moving parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions, outdoor weather conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Employee is occasionally exposed to machinery vibration.
If interested please send resume to: John Bissey, Director, email@example.com