Reports to: Director
Hours: Hours for this position may vary: Approx. 12.50 hours per week
Mon: 10:30-2:15pm, Tues: 1:00-3:00 pm, Wed: 10:30-12:30 pm, Thurs: 1:00-2:15 pm, Fri: 10:30-3:00 pm
Start date: Immediately
The Handwork Assistant will assist the Handwork teacher in grades one through five.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
– Prior experience working with elementary school students
– Ability to supervise students and direct their activities, communicate effectively, engage students
– Proficiency in knitting, crochet and hand stitching (Required).
– Experience and Capability of learning handwork skills including: sewing, needlework, weaving, spinning, dyeing, felting and other handcrafts.
Essential Job Functions:
– Follow curriculum planned by teacher; assist with preparations
– Direct student activities and projects under teacher’s guidance
– Meet with Handwork teacher to discuss observations of students
– Work collegially and in flexible fashion with faculty, classroom volunteers and staff
– Help maintain supplies and classrooms in beautiful, clean and orderly fashion
– Recess duty
– Frequent: Standing, sitting, walking, close visual work
– Occasional: lifting and carrying
– Experience in Handwork skills (as described above)
– Knowledge of or training in Waldorf Education, a plus
To apply submit resume and cover letter to Kendall Roberts, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org