1st Grade Teacher
We are seeking a grades teacher who has a deep love of children and of teaching, as well as a sense of purpose in bringing Waldorf education into the public realm. We have an open position in 1st Grade for the 2022-2023 school year.
Our Ideal Candidate would have:
- Willingness to collaborate and be a reflective teacher and staff member
- Strong sense of self to be a model of truth, beauty, and love for the students
- Experience teaching elementary school
- Experience or training with Waldorf teaching methods
- Excellent classroom management skills based on developing the children’s intrinsic motivation and which address the whole child
As the first grade teacher, a large part of the job is forming the class that will stay together through eighth grade by establishing strong rhythms and routines, relationship and community building, teaching & modeling healthy social-emotional skills, and getting to know the students and families.
In addition, teachers are expected to integrate Waldorf pedagogy and teaching methods with Common Core and state standards.
As a staff, we strive to create an environment that allows for creativity and freedom to develop teaching approaches that meet the needs of every child. We value positive, open communication and collaboration. We are a group of forward-thinking, inspired, and determined individuals. Madrone Trail offers a competitive salary, benefits, and ongoing professional development and mentoring.
To apply send a cover letter and resume to: John Bissey, email@example.com